Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpi -cc=<compiler name> option
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-22 16:19:07

On Sep 22, 2011, at 4:17 PM, Uday Kumar Reddy B wrote:

> Yes, but I can't find anything about -cc in openmpi's mpicc man page. So, -cc should either not be supported or work as per mpich's mpicc if you are wrapping around it.

mpicc has no way of knowing that an option is not supposed to work. It only knows about a small number of options that it can understand (e.g., --showme). Any other command line tokens are passed through to the underlying compiler.

More specifically: how is mpicc supposed to know that any given option was intended for mpicc and not the underlying compiler, particularly the ones that it doesn't support?

For corporate legal information go to: