Subject: [OMPI users] Building with thread support on Windows?
From: Björn Regnström (regnstrom_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-21 11:18:26

Hi,

I am trying to build Open MPI 1.4.3 with thread support on Windows. A
trivial test program
runs if it calls MPI_Init or MP_Init_thread(int *argc, char ***argv,
int required, int *provide) with
reguired=0 but hangs if required>0. ompi_info for my build reports
that there is no thread
support but MPI_Init_thread returns provide==required.

The only change in the CMake configuration was to check
OMPI_ENABLE_MPI_THREADS.
Is there anything else that needs to be done with the configuration?

I have built 1.4.3 with thread support on several linuxes and mac and
it works fine there.

Regards,
Bjorn Regnstrom