Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Open MPI and Objective C
From: Barrett, Brian W (bwbarre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-20 09:12:48

The problem you're running into is not due to Open MPI. The Objective C and C compilers on OS X (and most platforms) are the same binary, so you should be able to use mpicc without any problems. It will see the .m extension and switch to Objective C mode. However, NSLog is in the Foundation framework, so you must add the compiler option

  -framework Foundation

to the compiler flags (both when compiling and linking). If you ripped out all the MPI and used gcc directly to compile your example code, you'd run into the same linker error without the -framework option.

Hope this helps,

Brian

--
  Brian W. Barrett