Subject: [OMPI users] Open MPI and Objective C
From: Scott Wilcox (scott.a.wilcox_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-18 22:20:46

I have been asked to convert some C++ code using Open MPI to Objective C and I am having problems getting a simple Obj C program to compile. I have searched through the FAQs and have not found anything specific. Is it an incorrect assumption that the C interfaces work with Obj C, or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Scott

open MPI version: 1.4.3
OSX 10.5.1

file: main.m

#import <Foundation/Foundation.h>
#import "mpi.h"

int main (int argc, char** argv)

{
   //***
   // Variable Declaration
   //***
   int theRank;
   int theSize;

   //***
   // Initializing Message Passing Interface
   //***
   MPI_Init(&argc,&argv);
   MPI_Comm_size(MPI_COMM_WORLD,&theSize);
   MPI_Comm_rank(MPI_COMM_WORLD,&theRank);
   //*** end

   NSLog(@"Executing open MPI Objective C");

}

Compile:

[87]UNC ONLY: SAW>mpicc main.m -o test
Undefined symbols:
  "___CFConstantStringClassReference", referenced from:
      cfstring=Executing open MPI Objective C in ccj1AlL9.o
  "_NSLog", referenced from:
      _main in ccj1AlL9.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status