Subject: Re: [OMPI users] EXTERNAL: Re: Can you set the gid of the processes created by mpirun?
From: Blosch, Edwin L (edwin.l.blosch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-14 15:23:25

> Try -mca orte_launch_agent "sg N orted", where N is the desired group ID.

There is a catch in the way the orted process is started.

I get messages like this:

bash: sg /home/install/openmpi/bin/(null) --daemonize -mca ess env -mca orte_ess_jobid 3913285632 -mca orte_ess_vpid 9 -mca orte_ess_num_procs 10 --hnp-uri 3913285632.0: No such file or directory

I think it is taking "sg" as the orted command and ignoring the groupid and the orted arguments to sg. Probably some detail of how the orted process is being created.