Subject: Re: [OMPI users] EXTERNAL: Re: Can you set the gid of the processes created by mpirun?
From: Blosch, Edwin L (edwin.l.blosch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-14 13:02:46

Thanks for trying.

Do you feel that this is an impossible request without the assistance of some process running as root, for example, as Reuti mentioned, the daemons of a job scheduler? Or are you saying it will just not be as straightforward as calling setgid as you had hoped?

Also, do you think there is a way I could make use of the sg command below? Perhaps there is a way to have the rsh/ssh launcher start the application processes with a command like 'sg <group> <executable name>'?

Ed

NAME
       sg - execute command as different group ID

SYNOPSIS
       sg [-] [group [-c ] command]

DESCRIPTION
       The sg command works similar to newgrp but accepts a command. The
       command will be executed with the /bin/sh shell. With most shells you
       may run sg from, you need to enclose multi-word commands in quotes.
       Another difference between newgrp and sg is that some shells treat
       newgrp specially, replacing themselves with a new instance of a shell
       that newgrp creates. This doesn't happen with sg, so upon exit from a
       sg command you are returned to your previous group ID.