Subject: Re: [OMPI users] EXTERNAL: Re: Question on using rsh
From: Blosch, Edwin L (edwin.l.blosch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-13 12:36:28

Ralph, Reuti,

There are no typos, except in my post itself where I clipped out a few arguments.

I just repeated the exercise this morning, exactly like this:

<path>/bin/mpirun --machinefile mpihosts.dat -np 16 -mca orte_rsh_agent /usr/bin/rsh -x MPI_ENVIRONMENT=1 ./test_setup

It prompts for a password.

Then I hit the "up" arrow key to bring the command back, and I type over "orte" and replace with "plm":

<path>/bin/mpirun --machinefile mpihosts.dat -np 16 -mca plm_rsh_agent /usr/bin/rsh -x MPI_ENVIRONMENT=1 ./test_setup

This time it does not prompt for a password.

I can reverse the order, it doesn't change the behavior: the "orte" one prompts for a password but the "plm" one doesn't.

They must not be wholly identical, somehow. This is OpenMPI 1.4.3.

Ed