Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Question on MPI_Ssend
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-13 10:13:22

On Sep 13, 2011, at 8:41 AM, devendra rai wrote:

> Also, I read the definition of MPI_Ssend(...) that you sent, but then it does not explain why both MPI_Ssend(...) and MPI_Recv(...) are blocked seemingly forever.

Oh, they're blocked *forever*! Sorry; I didn't get that from your prior description -- I thought you just wanted non-blocking instead of blocking.

> I notice that such a block happens when MPI_Recv(...) is posted before MPI_Ssend(...).

It doesn't matter if the receive is posted before the send or the other way around.

When blocking sends/receives block forever, it usually means that there's a mismatch in the communicator, tag, or src/dest arguments between the two.

For corporate legal information go to: