Subject: [OMPI users] Question on using rsh
From: Blosch, Edwin L (edwin.l.blosch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-12 17:03:48

I have a hello world program that runs without prompting for password with plm_rsh_agent but not with orte_rsh_agent, I mean it runs but only after prompting for a password:

<path>/bin/mpirun --machinefile mpihosts.dat -np 16 -mca plm_rsh_agent /usr/bin/rsh ./test_setup

Hello from process 2
Hello from process 5
Hello from process 12
Hello from process 6
Hello from process 0
Hello from process 4
Hello from process 3
Hello from process 7
Hello from process 14
Hello from process 8
Hello from process 1
Hello from process 9
Hello from process 10
Hello from process 11
Hello from process 13
Hello from process 15

<path>bin/mpirun --machinefile mpihosts.dat -np 16 -mca orte_rsh_agent /usr/bin/rsh./test_setup
bloscel_at_f8312's password:

I didn't notice anything about this in the FAQ except that orte_rsh_agent is newer than plm_rsh_agent. Did I miss some critical piece of information? Why do these options behave differently?

Thanks