Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Bug in openmpi 1.5.4 in paffinity
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-06 01:43:17

Le 05/09/2011 21:29, Brice Goglin a écrit :
> Dear Ake,
> Could you try the attached patch? It's not optimized, but it's probably
> going in the right direction.
> (and don't forget to remove the above comment-out if you tried it).

Actually, now that I've seen your entire topology, I found out that the
real fix is the attached patch. This is actually a Magny-Cours specific
problem (having 2 NUMA nodes inside each socket is quite unusual). I've
already committed this patch to hwloc trunk and backported to the v1.2
branch. It could be applied in OMPI 1.5.5.

The patch that I sent earlier is not needed as long as cgroups don't
reduce the available memory (your cgroups don't). I'll fix this other
bug properly soon.

Brice