Subject: [OMPI users] Mingw - Gfortran - Cmake : 'gettimeofday'
From: Fabien (potiolot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-30 17:45:48

Hello,

I’m trying to compile Open-MPI 1.4.3 using {MinGW;CMake} on a Vista-32-Bits.
I’m interested in running in parallel a fortran program (compiled with
C:\MINGW\bin\gfortran.exe )

I’m aware that a binary package has been released but – unfortunately – it
has been configured with the Intel compiler (ifort).

So, I configured and generated solution with MinGW makefiles and Native
compilers.

Then compiling the generated solutions with mingw32-make leads to the
following errors :

1/ config.h is requested in …openmpi-1.4.3\opal\event but not found.

ð Solved by adding config.h from …openmpi-1.4.3\opal\event\WIN32-Code

2/ Then : error: redefinition of `struct timezone' … error: conflicting
types for 'gettimeofday' … error: conflicting types for 'gettimeofday'

ð Any idea would be more than welcome.

I’m aware that it has been addressed before in
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2009/06/9622.php.

3/ I also tried to try mingw32-gcc/g++/gfortran.exe compilers. Without
success.

4/ I also tried with Visual Studio 2010 without success. I only have Visual
Studio C++ Express…

ð Will I be able to build mpif90/mpif77/orterun/mpirun with these Visual
Studio makefiles coupled with MinGW compilers?

Thanks for your attention & Best regards,

Fabien Decung

Configurations & Tools :

- Open-MPI : 1.4.3

- MinGW : latest stable (08/2011), using GCC 4.5.2 & C:\MINGW\bin
has correctly been updated in PATH.

- CMake : 2.8.3

-