Subject: [OMPI users] Flow control in OMPI
From: Rodrigo Oliveira (rsilva.oliveira_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-25 22:58:34

Hi there,

I am facing some problems in an Open MPI application. Part of the
application is composed by a sender and a receiver. The problem is that the
sender is so much faster than the receiver, what causes the receiver's
memory to be completely used, aborting the application.

I would like to know if there is a flow control scheme implemented in open
mpi or if this issue have to be treated at the user application's layer. If
exists, how it works and how can I use it in my application?

I did some research about this subject, but I did not find a conclusive
explanation.

Thanks a lot.