Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Documentation of MPI Implementation
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-24 09:58:19

On Aug 24, 2011, at 9:14 AM, Hoang-Vu Dang wrote:

> I know it depends and I want to know exactly what is the dependency and general complexity analysis.
>
> Is it really no documentation at all ?

No, there really isn't (other than the comments in the code). Sorry.

I think there may have been a paper or two about the general techniques of tuned plugin, but it's not going to give you the details of what you want.

> For example you said "to be replaced soon", then what is the algorithms that will be used to replace ? Is there any publication available ? In another words, how do you know they will be replaced by which algorithm, please teach me !

Unfortunately, this is as-yet unpublished work, so I can't really talk about any details (I'm not the one doing the work, either). It's not even in the OMPI SVN trunk yet. This is a fairly common pattern for us; we do research-level work off in private branches before bringing the final results to the SVN trunk and eventually to an OMPI release branch.

I only mentioned the new stuff because our tuned implementation is a little dated; it's fairly obvious that we'd be working on new stuff. :-)

For corporate legal information go to: