Subject: Re: [OMPI users] error while loading shared libraries: libopen-pal.so.0
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-21 07:34:03

Set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the directory where your Open MPI installed libraries are located. E.g., if you installed OMPI into /opt/openmpi, then LD_LIBRARY_PATH likely needs to include /opt/openmpi/lib.

See http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#run-prereqs.

On Aug 21, 2011, at 10:10 AM, Mikhail Artemiev wrote:

> Dear users and developers!
> Maybe it is not an error of open-mpi, but when I try to launch such open-mpi command as mpicc, mpic++, ompi_info, I have this error:
>
> mpicc/mpic++/ompi_info: error while loading shared libraries: libopen-pal.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> My OS is Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx.
> I can't find what is the library 'open-pal'. I didn't find anything about it in mailing list archives and FAQ.
> What do you think?
>
> Thanks
> Mikhail Artemiev

For corporate legal information go to: