Subject: Re: [OMPI users] help regarding SELF checkpointing, c or c++
From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-01 09:58:13

There should not be any issue is checkpointing a C++ vs C program
using the 'self' checkpointer. The self checkpointer just looks for a
particular function name to be present in the compiled program binary.
Something to try is to run 'nm' on the compiled C++ program and make
sure that the 'self' checkpointing functions are present in the
output.

If you can post a small repeater program if the above does not help,
then I can file a ticket and see if someone can take a look.

Thanks,
Josh

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 5:16 AM, Faisal Shahzad <itsfaisi_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Dear Group,
> My question is that, does SELF checkpointing work only with 'c' or also with
> 'c++' program?
> I have a simple program written in 'c'. It makes self-checkpoint (run
> callback functions) when i compile it with mpicc and do checkpointing during
> run.
> But when i convert same program to .cpp, compile with mpiCC and do
> checkpointing again, it makes BLCR checkpoint and not self-checkpoint.
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards,
> Faisal

Joshua Hursey