Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Does Oracle Cluster Tools aka Sun's MPI work with LDAP?
From: Terry Dontje (terry.dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-15 15:14:16

On 7/15/2011 1:46 PM, Paul Kapinos wrote:
> Hi OpenMPI volks (and Oracle/Sun experts),
>
> we have a problem with Sun's MPI (Cluster Tools 8.2.x) on a part of
> our cluster. In the part of the cluster where LDAP is activated, the
> mpiexec does not try to spawn tasks on remote nodes at all, but exits
> with an error message alike below. If 'strace -f' the mpiexec, no exec
> of "ssh" can be found at all. Wondering, mpiexec tries to look into
> /etc/passwd (where user is not in, because using LDAP!).

Note this is an area that should be no different than from stock Open MPI.
I would suspect that the message might be coming from ssh. I wouldn't
suspect mpiexec would be looking into /etc/passwd at all, why would it
need to. It should just be using ssh. Can you manually ssh to the same
node?
> On the old part of the cluster, where NIS is used as the
> autentification method, Sun MPI runs very fine.
>
> So, is Suns MPI compatible with LDAP autotentification method at all?

In as far as whatever launcher you use is compatible with LDAP.
> Best wishes,
>
> Paul
>

> P.S. in both parts if the cluster, me (login marked as xxxxx here) can
> login to any node by ssh without need to type the password.

> The user (xxxxx) is unknown to the system (i.e. there is no corresponding
> entry in the password file). Please contact your system administrator
> for a fix.
>
> [cluster-beta.rz.RWTH-Aachen.DE:31535] [[57885,0],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG:
> Fatal in file plm_rsh_module.c at line 1058

Oracle
Developer Tools Engineering | +1.781.442.2631
Oracle *- Performance Technologies*
95 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803

picture