Subject: [OMPI users] Does Oracle Cluster Tools aka Sun's MPI work with LDAP?
From: Paul Kapinos (kapinos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-15 13:46:04

Hi OpenMPI volks (and Oracle/Sun experts),

we have a problem with Sun's MPI (Cluster Tools 8.2.x) on a part of our
cluster. In the part of the cluster where LDAP is activated, the mpiexec
  does not try to spawn tasks on remote nodes at all, but exits with an
error message alike below. If 'strace -f' the mpiexec, no exec of "ssh"
can be found at all. Wondering, mpiexec tries to look into /etc/passwd
(where user is not in, because using LDAP!).

On the old part of the cluster, where NIS is used as the autentification
method, Sun MPI runs very fine.

So, is Suns MPI compatible with LDAP autotentification method at all?

Best wishes,

Paul

P.S. in both parts if the cluster, me (login marked as xxxxx here) can
login to any node by ssh without need to type the password.

The user (xxxxx) is unknown to the system (i.e. there is no corresponding
entry in the password file). Please contact your system administrator
for a fix.
[cluster-beta.rz.RWTH-Aachen.DE:31535] [[57885,0],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG:
Fatal in file plm_rsh_module.c at line 1058

Dipl.-Inform. Paul Kapinos   -   High Performance Computing,
Seffenter Weg 23,  D 52074  Aachen (Germany)
Tel: +49 241/80-24915