Subject: Re: [OMPI users] tcp communication problems with 1.4.3 and 1.4.4 rc2 on FreeBSD
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-13 08:27:13

On Jul 12, 2011, at 1:37 PM, Steve Kargl wrote:

> (many lines removed)
> checking prefix for function in .type... @
> checking if .size is needed... yes
> checking if .align directive takes logarithmic value... no
> configure: error: No atomic primitives available for amd64-unknown-freebsd9.0

Hmm; this is quite odd. This worked in v1.4, but didn't work in trunk?

There are a bunch of changes to our configure assembly tests between v1.4, but I don't see any that should affect AMD vs. Intel. Weird.

I wonder if this has to do with versions of config.* scripts. What does config/config.guess report from the trunk tarball, and what does it report from the v1.4 tarball?

For corporate legal information go to: