Subject: Re: [OMPI users] tcp communication problems with 1.4.3 and 1.4.4 rc2 on FreeBSD
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-08 21:42:42

On Jul 8, 2011, at 7:34 PM, Steve Kargl wrote:

>> We unfortunately don't have access to any BSD machines to test this
>> on, ourselves. It works on other OS's, so I'm curious as to why it
>> doesn't seem to work for you. :-(
>
> I can arrange access on the cluster in question. ;-)

Actually, we have a fully-automated test suite that is run in a distributed fashion (e.g., I run it via cron on my MPI dev cluster at Cisco; my OMPI peer organizations do similar things). Perhaps we could convince you to run small test jobs on a not-infrequent basis...?

Ping me over on the devel list if you're interested (should probably followup with the if.c/BTL TCP debugging over there, too). We've already strayed pretty far outside of the "my ssh password setup doesn't work!" typical user questions for this list. :-)

For corporate legal information go to: