Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpirun does not propagate environment from master node to slave nodes
From: yanyg_at_[hidden]
Date: 2011-07-08 09:28:31

Thanks, Ralph.

*************** quote begin *************
Let me get this straight. You are executing mpirun from inside a c-
shell script, launching onto nodes where you will by default be
running bash. The param I gave you should support that mode - it
basically tells OMPI to probe the remote node to discover what
shell it will run under there, and then formats the orted cmd line
accordingly. If that isn't working (and it almost never gets used, so
may have bit-rotted), then your only option is to convert the c-shell
to bash.

However, you are saying that the app you are asking us to run is a
c-shell script??? Have you included the !/bin/csh directive in the top
of that file so the system will automatically exec it using csh?

Note that the orted comes alive and running prior to your "app"
being executed, so the fact that your "app" is a c-shell script is
irrelevant.

You got exactly as in my case. and I agree with you that the app c-
shell should not matter here. I checked that I have the #!/bin/csh to
the head of the c-shell scripts. I guess I have to rewrite the c-shell
script in bash to solve this issue totally, although it is not that easy.

Thanks again,
Yiguang