Subject: Re: [OMPI users] tcp communication problems with 1.4.3 and 1.4.4 rc2 on FreeBSD
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-07 20:38:56

Are you able to run simple MPI applications with 1.4.3 or 1.4.4 on your OS? E.g., the "ring_c" program in the example/ directory? This might be a good test to see if OMPI's TCP is working at all.

Assuming that works... Have you tried attaching debuggers to see where your process is hanging? There might be a logic issue in your app that isn't-quite-legal-MPI but works with some amount of buffering, but fails if the amount of buffering is reduced.

On Jul 5, 2011, at 4:24 PM, Steve Kargl wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 01:14:06PM -0700, Steve Kargl wrote:
>> I have an application that appears to function as I expect
>> when compiled with openmpi-1.4.2 on FreeBSD 9.0. But, it
>> appears to hang during communication between nodes. What
>> follows is the long version.
>
> Argh I messed up. It should read "But, it appears to hang
> during communication between nodes when using 1.4.3 or 1.4.4."
>
> --
> Steve

For corporate legal information go to: