Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Open-MPI maffinity policy
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-07 18:14:14

On Jul 7, 2011, at 5:59 PM, Qasim Ali wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Thanks for following up. I have a question to clear things.
>
> 1. If I do not specify any affinity in mpirun, what memory allocation policy is used by default?

None.

> a. When it is not compiled with libnuma
> b. when compiled with libnuma

Memory affinity doesn't really make sense unless process affinity is used. I.e., why pin your memory if your process could move?

> BTW What do you mean by "internal memory" in OMPI?

Memory that Open MPI uses internally -- such as shared memory to communicate between processes on the same server. I.e., this is memory that Open MPI does not expose to the user; it's private, internal memory.

For corporate legal information go to: