Subject: [OMPI users] Windows: msv*.dll files presence in Release build
From: hi (hiralsmaillist_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-04 03:07:31

Greetings!

On doing Release build for Visual Studio 2008 I am observing following debug
files along with other files....
 libmpi*d.dll*
 libmpi_cxx*d.dll*
 libmpi_f77*d.dll* etc...
 *msvcm90.dll*
* msvcp90.dll*
* msvcr90.dll*

In this regard I have following two questions...
1) For Release build using VS2008, why it generates *msv*.dll* files?
2) For Release build using VS2008, why it generates **d.dll* files (i.e.
debug libraries)?
In both of the above cases, How can we stop generating these files?

Please clarify.

Thank you.
-Hiral