Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem with prebuilt ver 1.5.3 for windows
From: Jeffrey A Cummings (Jeffrey.A.Cummings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-29 16:18:12

Anyone (Shiqing perhaps) have any more thoughts on this problem?

- Jeff

From: Damien <damien_at_[hidden]>
To: Open MPI Users <users_at_[hidden]>
Date: 06/24/2011 03:59 PM
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem with prebuilt ver 1.5.3 for
windows
Sent by: users-bounces_at_[hidden]

Yeah, and I'm wrong too, InterlockedCompareExchange64 is available on
32-bit. I think this is one for Shiqing.

You could build OpenMPI yourself if you have VS2008. It's pretty easy to
do.

Damien

On 24/06/2011 1:51 PM, Jeffrey A Cummings wrote:
Damien -

I'm using the 32 bit version of OpenMPI. I think the 64 refers to the
size of integer that the function works on, not the operating system
version. I didn't have this problem with VS 2008, so I think they've
changed something in VS 2010. I just don't know how to fix it.

- Jeff

From: Damien <damien_at_[hidden]>
To: Open MPI Users <users_at_[hidden]>
Date: 06/24/2011 02:35 PM
windows
Sent by: users-bounces_at_[hidden]

Jeff,

InterlockedCompareExchange64 is a 64-bit-only instruction. Are you
running XP 32-bit (I think you are b/c I don't think there was a XP64
SP3...). You need the 32-bit OpenMPI version. If you are running a
64-bit OS, but building a 32-bit executable, that instruction isn't
available in 32-bit and you still need to link with 32-bit OpenMPI.

Damien

On 24/06/2011 12:16 PM, Jeffrey A Cummings wrote:
I'm having a problem using the prebuilt Windows version 1.5.3 with my app
built with MS VisualStudio 2010. I get an error message (for each node)
that says: "The procedure entry point InterlockedCompareExchange64 could
not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll". I'm running
Windows XP, sp 3.

- Jeff Cummings