Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI roadmap
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-25 07:28:01

Greetings Alan. Sorry for the delay in replying.

We don't have a definite timeline for when 1.5 will transition to become 1.6 (i.e., the "super stable" equivalent of the 1.5 series). We are looking at it more in terms of features -- when we have the desired set of features (which, as a natural side-effect, is usually paired with enough elapsed time for the v1.5 series code to become mature), we'll transition it.

We're looking for one more major feature in the v1.5 series: a bunch of process affinity improvements (which ends up touching quite a bit of code, which is why it's taking some time).

On Jun 14, 2011, at 3:40 PM, Alan Nichols wrote:

> Would it be possible to provide some information as to the intended roadmap for OpenMPI development? Specifically, when will the current 1.5 "beta" version become the fully tested and reliable version (insofar as that can be estimated).
>
> Thank you,
>
> Alan Nichols
> AWR - STAAR
> 11520 N. Port Washington Rd.