Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI launch problem
From: Gus Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-14 17:27:16

Hi Giacomo

Save yourself from a lot of headaches and wasted time.
Download the OpenMPI 1.4.3 source tarball, install it, and use it.
All it takes is 'configure ...', 'make', and 'make install'.

In the configure step you specify your favorite compilers and
the directory prefix where you want OpenMPI to be installed.
See the README file and the FAQ for the syntax details of 'configure'.

Then recompile openFOAM or whatever other MPI
program with the new OpenMPI.

My two cents,
Gus Correa