Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI_COMM_DUP freeze with OpenMPI 1.4.1
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-02 07:32:04

On May 31, 2011, at 10:55 AM, francoise.roch_at_[hidden] wrote:

> I reproduced the problem with the following code :

I'm not sure I can reconcile this statement with your later statements...?

> I execute the program on 2 nodes of 12 cores each (a total of 24 processes), it doesn't stop.

Your first statement seems to imply that you got the sample program to hang, but this statement says that it worked fine.

I am able to run this sample program fine, too. :-\

> Adding the 2 lines above in the code, just before the MPI_COMM_DUP call, I remark that several process have the same rank for COMM_NODES communicator .
> CALL MPI_COMM_RANK(COMM_NODES, MYID2, IERR)
> WRITE(*,*) 'before DUP call myid is ', MYID, 'myid2 is ', MYID2

That definitely should not be. Can you show the output for this?

I put those lines in an I see unique rank values for all processes.

Are you using the wrong mpif.h, perchance?

For corporate legal information go to: