Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Regarding OpenMPI
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-01 08:58:36

On Jun 1, 2011, at 8:49 AM, Bhargava Ramu Kavati wrote:

> I am trying to run MPI applications using OpenMPI in OFED Cluster (over IB). I am trying to find whether OpenMPI supports a transport interface which is based on libibverbs layer in OFED (I mean, which does not use connection manager in OFED) ?

You're asking two different questions.

1. Does Open MPI use the native verbs interface in OFED?

Yes.

2. Does Open MPI use one of the OFED connection managers?

For IB, Open MPI can use the RDMA connection manager, but it does not have to. It defaults to not using it (instead, it exchanges IB/verbs connection data via TCP sockets).

For corporate legal information go to: