Subject: [OMPI users] BLCR support not building on 1.5.3
From: Bill Johnstone (beejstone3_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-26 14:26:37

Hello all.

I'm building 1.5.3 from source on a Debian Squeeze AMD64 system, and trying to get BLCR support built-in.  I've installed all the packages that I think should be relevant to BLCR support, including:

+blcr-dkms
+libcr0
+libcr-dev
+blcr-util

I've also installed blcr-testuite .  I only run Open MPI's configure after loading the blcr modules, and the tests in blcr-testsuite pass.  The relevant headers seem to be in /usr/include and the relevant libraries in /usr/lib .

I've tried three different invocations of configure:

1. No BLCR-related arguments.

Output snippet from configure:
checking --with-blcr value... simple ok (unspecified)
checking --with-blcr-libdir value... simple ok (unspecified)
checking if MCA component crs:blcr can compile... no

2. With --with-blcr=/usr only

Output snippet from configure:
checking --with-blcr value... sanity check ok (/usr)
checking --with-blcr-libdir value... simple ok (unspecified)
configure: WARNING: BLCR support requested but not found.  Perhaps you need to specify the location of the BLCR libraries.
configure: error: Aborting.

3. With --with-blcr-libdir=/usr/lib only

Output snippet from configure:
checking --with-blcr value... simple ok (unspecified)
checking --with-blcr-libdir value... sanity check ok (/usr/lib)
checking if MCA component crs:blcr can compile... no

config.log only seems to contain the output of whatever tests were run to determine whether or not blcr support could be compiled, but I don't see any way to get details on what code and compile invocation actually failed, in order to get to the root of the problem.  I'm not a configure or m4 expert, so I'm not sure how to go further in troubleshooting this.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!