Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Trouble with MPI-IO
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-20 08:14:07

On May 20, 2011, at 6:23 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> Shouldn't ijlena and ijdisp be 1D arrays, not 2D arrays?

Ok, if I convert ijlena and ijdisp to 1D arrays, I don't get the compile error (even though they're allocatable -- so allocate was a red herring, sorry). That's all that "use mpi" is complaining about -- that the function signatures didn't match.

use mpi is your friend -- even if you don't use F90 constructs much. Compile-time checking is Very Good Thing (you were effectively "getting lucky" by passing in the 2D arrays, I think).

Attached is my final version. And with this version, I see the hang when running it with the "T" parameter.

That being said, I'm not an expert on the MPI IO stuff -- your code *looks* right to me, but I could be missing something subtle in the interpretation of MPI_FILE_SET_VIEW. I tried running your code with MPICH 1.3.2p1 and it also hung.

Rob (ROMIO guy) -- can you comment this code? Is it correct?

For corporate legal information go to:

  • application/octet-stream attachment: x.f90