Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Error: Entry Point Not Found
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-19 21:26:43

On May 19, 2011, at 10:54 AM, Zhangping Wei wrote:

> 4, I use command window to run it in this way: ‘mpirun –n 4 **.exe ‘,then I met the error: ‘entry point not found: the procedure entry point inet_pton could not be located in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll’

Unfortunately our Windows developer/maintainer is out for a little while (he's getting married); he pretty much did the Windows stuff by himself, so none of the rest of us know much about it. :(

inet_pton is a standard function call relating to IP addresses that we use in the internals of OMPI; I'm not sure why it wouldn't be found on Windows XP (Shiqing did cite that the OMPI Windows port should work on Windows XP).

This post seems to imply that inet_ntop is only available on Vista and above:

    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcgeneral/thread/e40465f2-41b7-4243-ad33-15ae9366f4e6/

So perhaps Shiqing needs to put in some kind of portability workaround for OMPI, and the current binaries won't actually work for XP...?

I can't say that for sure because I really know very little about Windows; we'll unfortunately have to wait until he returns to get a definitive answer. :-(

For corporate legal information go to: