Subject: [OMPI users] Scheduling dynamically spawned processes
From: Rodrigo Silva Oliveira (rsilva_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-12 23:53:51

Hi there.

I'm developing a distributed system with a communication layer based on Open
MPI. As part of my project, I have to create a process scheduler. So I
decided to use the MPI_Spawn function to dynamically create (it is an
requirement of the system) the process across the cluster's nodes.

Is there some way to specify how many copies of a process to spawn to each
node? For instance, I want to spawn 5 copies of a mpi program to 3 nodes
usin the scheme bellow:

*1 to host 1*
*3 to host 2*
*1 to host 3*

obs.: I am using openmpi-1.5.3. The default policies provided by the ompi is
not applicable to my problem because I will decide the scheme based on
specific criteria.

Thanks in advance.

--
Rodrigo Silva Oliveira