Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Sorry! You were supposed to get help about: But couldn't open help-orterun.txt
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-11 09:21:26

On May 11, 2011, at 5:50 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:

>> Clarification: I installed pre-built OpenMPI_v1.5.3-x64 on Windows 7
>> and copied this directory into Windows Server 2008.

Did you copy OMPI to the same directory tree that you built it?

OMPI hard-codes some directory names when it builds, and it expects to find that directory structure when it runs. If you build OMPI with a --prefix of /foo, but then move it to /bar, various things may not work (like finding help messages, etc.) unless you set the OMPI/OPAL environment variables that tell OMPI where the files are actually located.

For corporate legal information go to: