Subject: Re: [OMPI users] is there an equiv of iprove for bcast?
From: Randolph Pullen (randolph_pullen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-10 22:14:13

Thanks,
The messages are small and frequent (they flash metadata across the cluster).  The current approach works fine for small to medium clusters but I want it to be able to go big.  Maybe up to several hundred or even a thousands of nodes.

Its these larger deployments that concern me.  The current scheme may see the clearinghouse become overloaded in a very large cluster.
>From what you have  said, a possible strategy may be to combine the listener and worker into a single process, using the non-blocking bcast just for that group, while each worker scanned its own port for an incoming request, which it would in turn bcast to its peers.
As you have indicated though, this would depend on the load the non-blocking bcast would cause.  - At least the load would be fairly even over the cluster.