Subject: Re: [OMPI users] USE mpi
From: Tim Prince (n8tm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-07 21:12:24

On 5/7/2011 2:35 PM, Dmitry N. Mikushin wrote:
>> didn't find the icc compiler
>
> Jeff, on 1.4.3 I saw the same issue, even more generally: "make
> install" cannot find the compiler, if it is an alien compiler (i.e.
> not the default gcc) - same situation for intel or llvm, for example.
> The workaround is to specify full paths to compilers with CC=...
> FC=... in ./configure params. Could it be "make install" breaks some
> env paths?

Most likely reason for not finding an installed icc is that the icc
environment (source the compilervars script if you have a current
version) wasn't set prior to running configure. Setting up the compiler
in question in accordance with its own instructions is a more likely
solution than the absolute path choice.
OpenMPI configure, for good reason, doesn't search your system to see
where a compiler might be installed. What if you had 2 versions of the
same named compiler?

--
Tim Prince