Subject: [OMPI users] configure: mpi-threads disabled by default
From: Mark Dixon (m.c.dixon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-04 12:14:00

I've been asked about mixed-mode MPI/OpenMP programming with OpenMPI, so
have been digging through the past list messages on MPI_THREAD_*, etc.
Interesting stuff :)

Before I go ahead and add "--enable-mpi-threads" to our standard configure
flags, is there any reason it's disabled by default, please?

I'm a bit puzzled, as this default seems in conflict with whole "Law of
Least Astonishment" thing. Have I missed some disaster that's going to
happen?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Dixon                       Email    : m.c.dixon_at_[hidden]
HPC/Grid Systems Support         Tel (int): 35429
Information Systems Services     Tel (ext): +44(0)113 343 5429
University of Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK