Subject: Re: [OMPI users] is there an equiv of iprove for bcast?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-29 17:17:14

On Apr 29, 2011, at 1:21 AM, Randolph Pullen wrote:

> I am having a design issue:
> My server application has 2 processes per node, 1 listener and 1 worker.
> Each listener monitors a specified port for incoming TCP connections with the goal that on receipt of a request it will distribute it over the workers in a SIMD fashion.
>
> My problem is this: how can I get the workers to accept work from any of the listeners?
> Making a separate communicator does not help as the sender is unknown. Other than making a serial 'clearing house' process I cant think of a way - Iprobe for Bcast would be useful.

I'm not quite sure I understand your question.

There currently is no probe for collectives, but MPI-3 has non-blocking collectives which you could MPI_Test for. There's a 3rd party library implementation called libNBC (non-blocking collectives) that you could use until such things become natively available.

For corporate legal information go to: