Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Need help buiding OpenMPI with Intel v12.0 compilers on Linux
From: Ormiston, Scott J. (SJ_Ormiston_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-20 10:44:21

At Tue, 19 Apr 2011 15:30:41 -0400, Gus Correa wrote:

> Is it possible that the Intel compiler environment is not set?
>
> Just in case, did you source the right Intel scripts to setup
> the icc, icpc, and ifort environment?
> Something like this (for a 64-bit machine):
>
> source /opt/intel/composerxe-2011.1.107/bin/compilervars.csh intel64
>
> and perhaps a similar command for icc/icpc.
> Check the compiler documentation for details.

I did source that same startup file.

> I only have ifort 12.0 in one of our machines here, no icc or icpc.
> However, the OS is CentOS 5.4 64-bit,
> and I compiled OpenMPI 1.4.3 there with gcc, g++ and ifort
> without any problem.
> I would guess you can do it with icc, icpc and ifort too.
>
> Another possibility is some name mangling issue.
> Maybe the leading double underscore on the C symbols?

I the OS is Centos 5 (not sure which version), 64bit, and OpenMPI 1.4.3.

I originally thought the configure was fine, but now tht I check
through the config.log, I see that it had errors:

conftest.c(49): error #2379: cannot open source file "ac_nonexistent.h"
   #include <ac_nonexistent.h>

conftest.c(58): catastrophic error: $error directive: Normal Unix environment
         #error Normal Unix environment

conftest.c (102): error :expected and expression
  if (sizeof (( long long )))
                           ^
conftest.c (103): error :expected and expression
  if (sizeof (( long double )))
                             ^

conftest.c (104): error :expected and expression
  if (sizeof (( int8_t )))
                        ^

conftest.c (105): error :expected and expression
  if (sizeof (( uint8_t )))
                         ^
conftest.c (106): error :expected and expression
  if (sizeof (( int16_t )))
                         ^
conftest.c (107): error :expected and expression
  if (sizeof (( uint16_t )))
                          ^
and so on. Other errors occurred in
conftest.cpp
conftest.f

conftest.F
conftest.f90

Does anyone know what I am missing here?

Thanks.
Scott Ormiston