Subject: [OMPI users] mpirun unsuccessful when run across multiple nodes
From: chenjie gu (archygu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-18 09:40:38

Dear all,
I am a green hand on Openmpi, I have the following Openmpi structure,
however it has problem when running across multiple nodes.
I am trying to build a Bewolf Cluster between 6 nodes of our serve (HP
Proliant G460 G7), I have installed the Openmpi on one node (assuming at
/mirror),
./configure --prefix=/mirror/openmpi CC=icc CXX=icpc F77=ifort FC=ifort
make all install

using NFS, the directory of /mirror was successfully exported to the rest of
5 nodes. Now as I test the Openmpi, it runs very well on a single node,
however it hangs across multiple nodes.

Now one possible reason as I know is that Openmpi uses TCP to exchange data
between different nodes, so I am worried about
whether there are firewalls between each nodes, which can be factory
integrated at somewhere(switch/NIC). Could anyone give me some
information on this point?

Thanks a lot,
Regards,
ArchyGU