Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Try to submit OMPI job to SGE gives ERRORS (orte_plm_base_select failed & orte_ess_set_name failed) (Reuti)
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-17 12:23:21

I'm no SGE expert, but I do note that your original error indicates that mpirun was unable to find a launcher for your environment. When running under SGE, mpirun looks for certain environmental variables indicative of SGE. If it finds those, it then looks for the "qrsh" command. If it doesn't find "qrsh" and/or it isn't executable by the user, then you will fail with that error.

Given that you have the envars, is "qrsh" in your path where mpirun is executing? If not, then that is the reason why you are able to run outside of SGE (where mpirun will default to using ssh) and not inside it.