Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Try to submit OMPI job to SGE gives ERRORS (orte_plm_base_select failed & orte_ess_set_name failed) (Reuti)
From: Derrick LIN (klin938_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-16 19:21:10

> Well, does `mpiexec` point to the correct one?

I don't really get this. I only installed one and only one OpenMPI on the
node. There shouldn't have another 'mpiexec' on the system.

It's worthy to mention that every node is deployed from a master image. So
everything is exactly the same except IP and DNS name.

> I thought you compiled it on your own with --with-sge. What about:
pwbcad_at_sgeqexec01:~$ ompi_info | grep grid
                 MCA ras: gridengine (MCA v2.0, API v2.0, Component v1.4.1)

Is there any location I can find a more meaningful OpenMPI log?

I will try to install openmpi 1.4.3 and see if that works.

I want to confirm one more thing: does SGE's master host need to have
OpenMPI installed? Is it relevant?

Many thanks Reuti

Derrick