Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Condor and MPI
From: Reuti (reuti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-15 04:59:53

Hi,

Am 15.04.2011 um 07:25 schrieb Asad Ali:

> <snip>
> Yes. The entire job gets restarted.

maybe this is caused by a signal sent to the job by Condor, so that it gets terminated and as a result Condor restarts it. Can you trap the signals in your appliaction for a test?

> If so, you had best talk to the Condor folks - it has nothing to do with Open MPI, but is due to a job control flag you are passing to Condor.
>
> I have talked to them several times. But most of the cluster users are non-mpi users and thus they don't have much knowledge about the configuration of MPI with Condor.
> If you know any person who uses Condor for running MPI jobs then please let me know.

Is the use of Open MPI supported by Condor? In former times they had a special universe for MPICH(1) and only for an older version to run parallel jobs under Condor. Did this change?

-- Reuti