Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OMPI monitor each process behavior
From: Jack Bryan (dtustudy68_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-13 12:19:43

Hi, I am using
mpirun (Open MPI) 1.3.4

But, I have these,
orte-clean orted orte-iof orte-ps orterun
Can they do the same thing ?
If I use them, will they use a lot of memory on each worker node and print out a lot of things on some log files ?
Any help is really appreciated.
Thanks
Jack
From: rhc_at_[hidden]
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 08:09:17 -0600
To: users_at_[hidden]

What version are you using? If you are using 1.5.x, there is an "orte-top" command that will do what you ask. It queries the daemons to get the info.

On Apr 12, 2011, at 9:55 PM, Jack Bryan wrote:Hi , All:
I need to monitor the memory usage of each parallel process on a linux Open MPI cluster.
But, top, ps command cannot help here because they only show the head node information.
I need to follow the behavior of each process on each cluster node.
I cannot use ssh to access each node.
The program takes 8 hours to finish.
Any help is really appreciated.
users mailing list