Subject: Re: [OMPI users] SGE and openmpi
From: Kevin.Buckley_at_[hidden]
Date: 2011-04-12 01:33:09

>> #!/bin/bash
>> #$ -cwd
>> #$ -j y
>> #$ -S /bin/bash
>> #$ -q all.q
>> #$ -pe orte 18
>> MPI_DIR=/home/jason/openmpi-1.4.3-install/bin
>> /home/jason/openmpi-1.4.3-install/bin/mpirun -np $NSLOTS myprog

> If you have SGE integration, you should not specify the number
> of slots requested on the command-line. Open MPI will speak
> directly to SGE (or vice versa, to get this information.

I've always thought that the tight integration merely removed the
need for a hostfile, or equivalent, to be specified?

I've been basing this belief on the examples here:

 http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#qsub-notify

where, in all three examples, both the SGE submission script's
#$ directives and the mpirun commands invoked, specify the
number of processors but there's no hostfile/list.

--
Kevin M. Buckley                                  Room:  CO327
School of Engineering and                         Phone: +64 4 463 5971