Subject: [OMPI users] question about running openmpi with different interconnects
From: Borenstein, Bernard S (bernard.s.borenstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-04 10:30:01

We have added clusters with different interconnects and decided to build one OPENMPI 1.4.3 version to handle all the possible interconnects
and run everywhere. I have two questions about this :

1 - is there a way for Openmpi to print out the interconnect it selected to use at run time? I am asking for an option similar to the -prot argument in hpmpi/platform mpi to print the interconnect selected. If this is not implemented, I would like to suggest it as an enhancement.

2 - I have built Openmpi to allow tcp, mx, gm and ib. When running on a tcp only cluster and specifying -mca btl tcp,sm,self, I get errors like this
[erb426:08967] Error in mx_init (error No MX device entry in /dev.)

Since I am calling out the interconnect to use, why would I be getting an error like this??

Bernie Borenstein
The Boeing Company