Subject: Re: [OMPI users] keyval parser: error 1 reading file mpicc-wrapper-data.txt
From: Gus Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-23 19:08:13

Ralph Castain wrote:
> On Mar 23, 2011, at 3:19 PM, Gus Correa wrote:
>
>> Dear OpenMPI Pros
>>
>> Why am I getting the parser error below?
>> It seems not to recognize comment lines (#).
>>
>> This is OpenMPI 1.4.3.
>> The same error happens with the other compiler wrappers too.
>> However, the wrappers compile and produce an executable.
>
> No idea - I just tested it and didn't get that error. Did you configure this for script wrapper compilers instead of binaries?
>
>> Thank you,
>> Gus Correa
>>
>> Parser error:
>>
>> $ mpicc hello_c.c
>> [myhost.mydomain:06489] keyval parser: error 1 reading file /my/path/to/openmpi/share/openmpi/mpicc-wrapper-data.txt at line 1:
>> # There can be multiple blocks of configuration data, chosen by

Thank you, Ralph.

I have two OpenMPI 1.4.3 builds on this cluster.
One with gcc/g++/gfortran,
the other with gcc/g++ and Intel ifort (12.0.0).
The Gnu-only works right, no parser error.
The error is restricted to the Gnu-Intel combination.
Awkward.

Both were configured with these parameters:

--prefix=${MYINSTALLDIR} \
--with-libnuma=/usr \
--with-tm=/opt/torque/2.4.11 \
--with-openib=/usr \
--enable-static

The opal_wrapper is a binary in both cases.

To make things more confusing, on another cluster with (older)
Intel compiler 10.1.017 the Gnu+Intel build of OpenMPI 1.4.3
doesn't have this parser error.

Thank you,
Gus Correa