Subject: Re: [OMPI users] 1.5.3 and SGE integration?
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-22 09:39:34

On Mar 22, 2011, at 6:02 AM, Dave Love wrote:

> Ralph Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>>> Should rshd be mentioned in the release notes?
>>
>> Just starting the discussion on the best solution going forward. I'd
>> rather not have to tell SGE users to add this to their cmd line. :-(
>
> Sure. I just thought a new component would normally be mentioned in the
> notes.

You mean the rshd component? Probably should have been, but slipped thru the cracks. All that component does is allow the direct rsh/ssh launch of MPI apps instead of using the OMPI daemon. Only a few special systems use it because there is no way to know that a process died (since no daemon is monitoring it), and thus no way to cleanup if something goes wrong.