Subject: [OMPI users] Is there an mca parameter equivalent to -bind-to-core?
From: Gustavo Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-21 22:29:38

Dear OpenMPI Pros

Is there an MCA parameter that would do the same as the mpiexec switch '-bind-to-core'?
I.e., something that I could set up not in the mpiexec command line,
but for the whole cluster, or for an user, etc.

In the past I used '-mca mpi mpi_paffinity_alone=1'.
But that was before '-bind-to-core' came along.
However, my recollection of some recent discussions here in the list
is that the latter would not do the same as '-bind-to-core',
and that the recommendation was to use '-bind-to-core' in the mpiexec command line.

Thank you,
Gus Correa