Subject: Re: [OMPI users] 1.5.3 and SGE integration?
From: Terry Dontje (terry.dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-21 11:01:31

Dave what version of Grid Engine are you using?
The plm checks for the following env-var's to determine if you are
running Grid Engine.
SGE_ROOT
ARC
PE_HOSTFILE
JOB_ID

If these are not there during the session that mpirun is executed then
it will resort to ssh.

--td

On 03/21/2011 08:24 AM, Dave Love wrote:
> I've just tried 1.5.3 under SGE with tight integration, which seems to
> be broken. I built and ran in the same way as for 1.4.{1,3}, which
> works, and ompi_info reports the same gridengine parameters for 1.5 as
> for 1.4.
>
> The symptoms are that it reports a failure to communicate using ssh,
> whereas it should be using the SGE builtin method via qrsh.
>
> There doesn't seem to be a relevant bug report, but before I
> investigate, has anyone else succeeded/failed with it, or have any
> hints?

Oracle
Developer Tools Engineering | +1.781.442.2631
Oracle *- Performance Technologies*
95 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803

picture