Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Error in Binding MPI Process to a socket
From: vaibhav dutt (vaibhavsupersaiyan9_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-17 15:31:12

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I tried to execute first a process by using

mpirun -machinefile hostfile.txt --slot-list 0:1 -np 1

but it gives the same as error as mentioned previously.

Then, I created a rankfile with contents"

rank 0=t1.tools.xxx slot=0:0
rank 1=t1.tools.xxx slot=1:0.

and the used command

mpirun -machinefile hostfile.txt --rankfile my_rankfile.txt -np 2

but ended up getting same error. Is there any patch that I can install in
my system to make it
topology aware?

Thanks